The commune at Lost Cove
This March we (Matthew, myself and a group of amazing friends in Swansea) ran a stage at Lost Cove's Surf Festival in Pembrokeshire. It involved building and running the sound system, organising the lineup, creating decorations for the space and bringing it all together.
It wasn't too difficult to decide a name for our stage. We landed on 'The Commune' ... it just fit. There are lots of meanings for the word commune, and many of them apply to who we are and what we wanted to create together...
1. to converse or talk together, usually with profound intensity, intimacy, etc. ; interchange thought or feelings.
2. to be in intimate communication or rapport: to commune with nature
3. interchange of ideas or sentiments
4. a close-knit community of people who share common interests
5. a small group of persons living together, sharing possessions, work, income, etc., and often pursuing unconventional lifestyles